Thursday, March 29, 2012

Duplicate UID in PK column

Please excuse my noviceness, but how is it possible that I
can have duplicate records that are exactly the same in
every way when there is a PK field that is meant to be
unique?
Because this has happened, I've had to remove and re-index.
Can anyone please help this novice?That shouldn't happen, and I've never heard that it really happened. But it
is difficult to do anything or troubleshoot if you don't have a repro or
don't have the data anymore.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"Benjamin" <ben.jones@.trendwest.com.au> wrote in message
news:2c7301c3a8ad$61c25480$3101280a@.phx.gbl...
> Please excuse my noviceness, but how is it possible that I
> can have duplicate records that are exactly the same in
> every way when there is a PK field that is meant to be
> unique?
> Because this has happened, I've had to remove and re-index.
> Can anyone please help this novice?

No comments:

Post a Comment